Age Restrictions: All players must be 18 years old or over. Unfortunately we do not allow children on site during events. If you are lucky enough to look under 25 you will be asked to provide ID proving your age on arrival.
The Vale Camps: When you buy a ticket to The Vale, you buy one for one camp or the other, and for that event you must play a character in that camp. If you wish to play in the other camp after your character dies you should speak to the operations desk who will decide how to proceed but they may refuse permission to switch camps. If you wish to play as part of a group you should all arrange to book together.
Concessions: Full-time Students and unemployed persons are entitled to a discount off the usual ticket price. Please choose the “concessions” option when booking your ticket. Anyone booking a concessions ticket will be asked to provide proof of eligibility (NUS card or Employment Service certification), either at the time of booking (by email), or on arrival. If valid proof is not provided, you will be asked to pay the additional ticket price.
New Players: Players who have not previously attended a Vale game are entitled to a discount off the usual ticket price. Please choose the “New Player” option when booking your ticket. Anyone booking a New Player ticket will be checked against our records, and if the New Player ticket is not applicable, you will be asked to pay the additional ticket price. A New Player ticket can only be used for your first event and is not applicable to any subsequent event tickets, even if they are purchased at the same time.
Ticket Transfers & Refunds: Tickets remain the property of Unusual Circumstances Ltd T/A The Vale. Tickets cannot be transferred from one camp to another camp (for The Vale), or from one player to another player. Tickets are transferable from one event to another event in the same year, provided written notice of the transfer is given prior to the final price increase for the event for which the ticket was originally booked, and will be subject to a £10 administration fee. Refunds of tickets requested in writing prior the final price increase for the event for which the ticket was originally booked will be made at 100% of the price paid minus a £10 administration fee. Refunds of tickets requested after the final price increase will be made at 50% of the price paid minus a £10 administration fee. No refunds will be made on tickets after 4pm on the Monday before the event starts.
Site Information: All our events are held at Huntley Wood in Staffordshire – further information, including maps and directions, are available on their website at www.huntleywood.co.uk.
Copyright: All Unusual Circumstances Ltd games and the content on our websites are Copyright of Unusual Circumstances Ltd T/A The Vale. The art and photography used on the website and in our publications remains the property of the artists or other holder of the ownership. Their work should not be reproduced or used without their permission.
Privacy: We do not share any of your data with third parties under any circumstances. We send periodic email updates to inform our users about important announcements, booking deadlines, etc. If you do not wish to receive these emails, please follow the ‘Remove from Mailing List’ option within the email. If you do not wish to receive any further correspondence from us, we will delete your personal details from our database within fourteen working days of receiving your request by email or by post.
Non-discrimination: Unusual Circumstances Ltd, The Vale and Huntley Wood do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, customers, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
Unusual Circumstances Ltd, The Vale and Huntley Wood are equal opportunity employers. We will not discriminate and will take measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, colour, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Anti-Harassment: Unusual Circumstances Ltd, The Vale and Huntley Wood are committed in all areas to providing an environment that is free from harassment. Harassment based upon an individual’s sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion or any other legally protected characteristics will not be tolerated. All employees and volunteers, including management, are expected and required to abide by this policy. No person will be adversely affected result of bringing complaints of harassment.
Reporting Harassment: If someone feels that he or she has been harassed on the basis of his or her sex, race, national origin, ethnic background, or any other legally protected characteristic at a Vale event, they should immediately report the matter to a member of the Vale team. If the person feels it would be unproductive to inform a member of the team, the person should immediately contact a Unusual Circumstances Ltd Director or Senior Management. Once the matter has been reported it will be promptly investigated and any necessary corrective action will be taken where appropriate. All complaints of harassment will be handled in as discreet and confidential a manner as is possible under the circumstances.
The procedure for reporting incidents of harassing behaviour is not intended to impair, replace, or limit the right of any person to seek a remedy under available law by immediately reporting the matter to the appropriate authorities.
Company Details: Unusual Circumstances Ltd T/A The Vale. Correspondence: Huntley Wood, Huntley, ST10 2NS.
1. You agree to comply with and be bound by The Vale Game Rules. The Vale’s decision is final in all disputes concerning the game rules.
2. You agree to comply with and be bound by the Huntley Wood Site Rules, a copy of which is available from www.huntleywood.co.uk.
3. We reserve the right to deny admission or to eject you, whether with or without reasons or warnings, if The Vale consider in our or their discretion that you have breached these terms and conditions (including non-compliance with any rules) or may do so. No refunds will be available in such case.
4. We reserve the right to expel anyone found engaging in activates potentially dangerous to themselves or others, or whose activities and/or behaviour are disruptive to the event. No refunds will be available in such case.
5. The LARP (Live Action Role Playing) hobby involves the use of specially manufactured LARP weapons. All participants at Huntley Wood events agree that LARP weapons may be used on them during active participation. Do not play the game if you do not agree to be struck with such weapons. Anyone found using any LARP weapon in a dangerous manner will be warned of their actions and any further incidents of this may lead to them being expelled from the event. Metal or other non-LARP weapons MUST NOT be brought to Huntley Wood events. Reasonable camping knives are permitted but can only be used in your camp and MUST be kept in your tent. Huntley Wood reserve the right to confiscate/ban any weapon or any item of equipment it deems to be unsuitable or inappropriate. Any confiscated item should be collected from the game team or site staff prior to you leaving the event.
6. At any Vale event any person wishing to use a bow or crossbow will have to undertake a bow competency test before being allowed to do so.
7. Unusual Circumstances Ltd, The Vale or Huntley Wood will inform the authorities if anyone is discovered breaking the law.
8. No Radio Transmitting Equipment, scanners, or disruptive electrical equipment can be used without the prior written consent of Huntley Wood.
9. Any player caught cheating will be warned. Subject to the nature of the incident this could result in a warning, penalty or them being expelled from the event and banned. No refunds will be available in such case.
10. Unusual Circumstances Ltd, The Vale and Huntley Wood will not be held liable for any loss or damage to your person or property at an event.
11. No animals may be brought onto Huntley Wood.
12. Additional site rules may applicable at each event, these will be noted in each Event Guide.
13. At some events there will be an official Huntley Wood or Vale film crew filming aspects of that event for promotional purposes. By agreeing to our terms and conditions you agree to be filmed and for your images to be used in any promotional material produced from these films. If you do not wish to be directly filmed or to appear in any promotional material please inform the event organisers upon your arrival at the event.